According to a CDC assessment released in June 2020, the mental health of the average American is worse than it was at the same time the year before the COVID-19 epidemic started. This rise might make more people want to think about getting therapy treatment in Newport Beach.
The majority of therapy currently takes place via online video chat platforms rather than in-person meetings because of social distance restrictions. It may be a concern for those considering teletherapy—popularly known as online therapy—and those who have switched from in-person to online therapy. Both in-person and online counseling has unique advantages.
Read on to see which is more beneficial for you, anxiety treatment in person or virtually.
What to Know About In-person Therapy
Through an in-person consult with a qualified therapist, talk therapy or traditional therapy significantly offers mental health help. Weekly meetings usually last 45 minutes to an hour and take place in an office setting.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), in particular, has been examined in the majority of studies comparing the efficacy of online therapy with in-person therapy. The similar efficacy of alternative therapeutic modalities requires more analysis.
Additionally, the majority of studies focus on depression and anxiety treatment. Further research is required on the usefulness of virtual therapy for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and other types of mental disease.
Below are some pros and cons to weigh when thinking about in-person therapy for when you have mental health challenges you wish to seek help for.
- Therapists can read nonverbal clues that assist verbal communication during in-person sessions.
- Sessions in a therapist’s office can offer you a chance to escape from your routine.
- Some mental health conditions need immediate, which in-person therapy assistance can provide.
- Costly fees at a minimum of $100 an hour.
- Commuting time, traffic, and problems with public transportation add up.
- Long wait times resulting from lack of availability or different schedules can lead to canceled appointments.
What to Know About Online Therapy
Teletherapy typically makes it more difficult for the therapist to decipher nonverbal signs, especially if the primary means of contact are texting or phone calls. The closest experience to physically visiting the therapist’s office is via video chat.
More possibilities are available with online treatment—many therapists direct clients to virtual counseling through private practice. Although an increasing number of independent businesses, can also remotely link clients with therapists who hold appropriate licenses.
Depending on the platform or mental health professional you consult, mental health treatment and services offered typically include:
- Text, video, or voice messaging
- Live phone, video, or text conversations
Below are some pros and cons to weigh when thinking about in-person therapy for when you have mental health challenges to discuss:
- Multiple scheduled sessions encourage clinics to provide more flexibility and lower monthly patient fees.
- Virtual connections can help ease social phobias related to sharing physical locations with others.
- Privacy and discretion are prioritized.
- Simple, quick, and convenient access to therapeutic support.
- A spotty internet connection could interrupt progress.
- A face-to-face session could be necessary for some more severe mental health issues.
- Effective care alternatives may have limitations, according to therapists.
- A lack of nonverbal indicators and body language can make dialogue feel awkward.
Keil Psych Group’s Therapy Treatments in Newport Beach
Although each person’s mental health struggles are unique, the experts at Keil Psych Group treatment center aim to help you heal on a deeper level so you won’t have to rely on coping mechanisms to get by in everyday life.
When it comes to therapy treatment, Newport Beach is filled with mental health professionals dedicated to providing outpatient treatment programs and inpatient programs that will assist you in overcoming anxiety and other mental health disorders.
At Keil Psych Group, we take satisfaction in having a successful track record in substance abuse treatment, anxiety therapy, treatment for mood disorders, and intensive outpatient treatment.If you have any queries about therapy treatment in Newport or wish to book an appointment with our professional in-house therapist. You may book online or call us at 714-334-5497 at Keil Psych Group today!